Friday 19 March 2010

Mobilized and Unified!!!

And so it begins..

A project of epic proportions..

To execute this project, I need upwards of 80,000 people who are willing to donate to me(most importantly) their First and Last name, and (second most important) $1. The dollars I collect will be deposited into a bank account and upon project completion will be used to settle my student debt. The names will be combined with my artistic skills to create a sculptural installation; it will be both art and a thank you to everyone who donated to my cause.

For me as an artist, the most important part of this project is the Name donation. The dollars are amazing as such a small amount adds up, but the Unification and Mobilization of a group of people to make a difference is the most important aspect for me. The time it will then take for me to engrave each and every one of the names into the artwork will pay tribute to just how much I appreciate what you have done for me.

And so, Let it begin......


Avey

No comments:

Post a Comment