Thursday 17 December 2009

who knew the freeway could be so inspiring.......

So my Thursday morning commute is comprised of a little bit of Orgy's "How Does it Feel" and a little bit of artistic inspiration. Who knew people driving slow and me swerving in and out of traffic could be so inspiring. But I digress....so I am driving behind this truck that is partially freaking me out and inspiring me at the same time. It has this pile of metal pipes strapped to it with straps that look like under dire amounts of pressure and stress would snap off and send these pipes into the freeway causing morning traffic to slow down...if at all possible....even more than it already is. HOWEVER....I had this wonderful.....and by wonderful I mean wood and metal sculpture wonderful.....idea. If you are familiar with my bendy ply.... I had this idea involving metal pipes.....more of the linear, non curved kind......set up in a formation that would have them placed randomly, but close together, vertically in some kind of base....or maybe even concrete( i do enjoy mixing concrete now....kinda fun) allowing for enough space for me to take strips of the bendy ply and wrap them around said metal poles in various formations and curves.......creating yet another wood and metal sculpture creation. See if you can get into my head and follow me.....I am going to take this somewhere.........slowly since I am poor and am going to have to locate the materials to do so. I have actually been thinking about appropriating some of the wood from one of the freeway construction sites...but I don't think that is such a good idea.

SO FOR ME PLEASEEEEEEEE!!! If you know anyone who knows where they dump all this suff....ask them where I should look first....and hopefully when i get new coveralls.....i can pay a visit to where they put all the garbage and scrap yards.....one mans trash is another mans treasure........well in my case Some of your trash...could be this chicks treasure. :)


Avey

No comments:

Post a Comment